Snap Server 650
Overland’s newest edition NAS system, the Snap Server 650, is the big man on campus with its ability to handle a massive workload. This will not be your most quiet system in the office due to its line of 5 cooling fans required because when “big” things work hard, they sometimes get hot. Now, when we say big, we’re not talking about the physical size of the Snap Server 650 necessarily as it is the same size proportionally as all of the previous models. However, it is big in heart and spirit with two 64-bit dual-core AMD Opteron processors. So what you’re getting is essentially a stock 4-way server with 2GB of memory. This is expandable to 4GB in total using 553MHz ECC protected DIMMs.
This bad boy can also be configured as an iSCSI target to provide block-level SAN access as well as shared file storage. Like previous models of Snap Servers, the 650 can act as a file server on a mix of Windows, Apple and Unix/Linux networks. However, instead of the Windows Server 2003 software employed on most other high-end NAS appliances, Adaptec employs its own Linux-based GuardianOS platform.
To purchase the Overland Snap Server 650 or to simply receive additional information from our professional staff, please fill out the quote request form to the right or on the linked page.
- Snap Server 650 can be the backup server, storing backups on its hard drives, and later transferring backups to a remote site for safety, or onto tapes for long term archive.
- supports four drives and dual power supplies for additional availability and stability.
- Provides one of the fastest random data access speeds in its class for high-performance data
- Easy management and cross-platform support right out of the box; integrates seamlessly into
Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Apple environments
- Active Directory Service (ADS) Integration
- Unified block and file architecture enables the storage of block and file data on the same server
- Integrated CA eTrust Antivirus software
- Integrated BakBone NetVault software with upgraded 500GB virtual tape library license
- Snapshot technology
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies
- Dual gigabit Ethernet ports with Ethernet teaming for load balancing and port failover, and an integrated SAS host bus adapter card for future expansion
Overland (Adaptec) SnapServer650 Specifications
||17.5 in (444.5 mm)
||1.75 in (44.45 mm) 1U
||29.25 in (743 mm)
||40.0 lbs (18.2 kg)
||Two dual-core AMD Opteron processors, with 1MB L2 cache and 1000MHz HyperTransport™
||2GB DDR 400 ECC RAM standard 4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 4GB DDR 400 ECC RAM
||1057 BTUs/hr avg
||Snap Server hardware and software are backed by world-class service and support to protect your investment from downtime. With Overland Storage services for Snap Servers, you have complete peace of mind. Standard services with the Snap Server 650 include:
• Two-year limited hardware warranty, return to depot
• 90-day software support